Saturday 17 March 2012

My 8th Surgiversary

Today is the eighth anniversary of the first day of the rest of my life.  I had gastric bypass surgery this day eight years ago at UCSF in San Francisco.  


I know I have been fighting a very public battle with my weight lately.  Maybe I've made it too public.  I guess I felt like if I make my issues public, it will help me take control but I've really just been more out of control than I ever have been post-surgery.  I'm just now starting to come to terms with my addiction and compulsive behaviors.  


Even though I have been battling weight gain, I am still down 100 pounds.  I am still considered a successful gastric bypass patient.  At five to fifteen years post-surgery, most gastric bypass patients are expected to have kept off half of the weight.  I've kept almost 2/3 off (maybe a little less...I'd really rather not do math but I've definitely done better than 50%).  I still don't want the 1/3 I have on.  And I still beat the odds.  Sadly.


Read the post about my 6th new-birthday HERE.


Read the post about turning seven HERE.


You can read about the Twirly Tuff workout I've been following HERE.


Read about self-esteem posts HERE.


Read about addiction HERE.


HERE are my top five gastric bypass posts from 2011.


Otherwise, enjoy some photos from my gastric bypass adventures.  Here's to my 9th new-birthday being way happier than this one.  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment