Monday 19 March 2012

Pilates Chair Series at Absolute Center

I have been taking Pilates Reformer classes at Absolute Center in Lafayette since last year.  I LOVE Reformer.  I think half the reason I love it so much is because I get to lay down for most of the workout and be barefoot (yet I still get worked).  We decided for our latest series that we should try the Pilates Chair.  It requires a little more balance since we are standing up.  I am still training with Nicole -- she's my favorite.  She is so tiny and cute.  I keep pretending that if I stick with Pilates, I will look like her one day!



I liked Chair.  I can't say I liked it as much as Reformer, but I liked it.  I think part of my problem is that I had to drop down from two days per week to one day, so maybe I just feel like I'm not as strong with Chair.  Now that I teach at Twirly Girls until late on Monday nights, getting home after 10:00 p.m. and then having to get up at 6:00 a.m. on Tuesdays for pilates was rough.



We are starting the second Chair series this week.  I am still trying to figure out how I can get a second day in there on my current schedule.  But for now, I am enjoying the Chair series and looking forward to the advanced lessons.






No comments:

Post a Comment